Dr. John Stephen Cowan; B.S.,D.C.
- Born Albany, New York
- Married to April Cowan.
- Two children, Nicholas Aaron and Nathan Alexander.
- B.S. Degree, University of the State of New York
Doctor of Chiropractic Degree, Palmer College of Chiropractic
- 1976-present- President, Cowan Chiropractic Clinic, P.C.
- President, Michigan Chiropractic Council
- Chairman of the Board, Michigan Chiropractic Society
- Board Member, Chiropractic Federal Credit Union
- Representative, International Chiropractors Association
- Representative, Congress of State Chiropractic Associations
- National Chiropractic Liaison to the Bush/Quayle Campaign
- Motivational Speaker, Winners Unlimited
- T.V. Host, “A Difference of Opinion”
- Radio Host, “Chiropractic and Your Health”
- Cub master, Boy Scouts of America
PROFESSIONAL AWARDS RECEIVED
- M.C.C. Special Appreciation Award
- Life Chiropractic College, Special Recognition Award
- M.C.C. Outstanding Contribution Award
- M.C.C. Public Service Award
- M.C.C. Special Merit Award
- M.C.C. Special Contribution Award
- M.C.C. Outstanding Service Award
- Life Chiropractic College, Honorary Life Member
- M.C.C. Distinguished Service Award
- M.C.C. Special Service Award
- M.C.S. Commendation Award
- M.C.S. Board of Directors Award
- M.C.C. Distinguished Fellow
- M.C.S. Appreciation Award
- Chiropractor to the Stars: Chiropractor to many well-known celebrities while they perform in the Detroit area.
- A chiropractic spokesman having appeared on more than fifty radio and television shows.
- A runner, having competed in more than 100 events including the Detroit Free Press Marathon.
SPECIAL TRIBUTE FROM GOVERNOR JOHN ENGLER
On January 5, 2001 Dr. Cowan and his clinic was honored as one of Michigan’s exemplary businesses by Governor John Engler. In his tribute the Governor states, “that the Cowan Chiropractic Clinic has earned the reputation as one of our state’s finest chiropractic clinics.”